How does this keep happening under the Obama Watch ?
How does this keep happening under the Obama Watch ?
Comments Off on Fort Hood Breaking 2.0
Filed under Heroes and Hypocrites, Just a Blogger, tossed salad and scrambled eggs
Yesterday I sat less than a hundred feet from former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Jay
Sekulow, chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, David Axelrod and David Plouffe, former senior advisers to President Barack Obama. Also, Dana Perino, former White House press secretary, moderated, posing questions and reading others submitted by audience members on the topic: “Presidential Power: Has the Executive Branch Gone Too Far?” I was in political junkie heaven.
I’m a huge fan of Musical Theater and travel to the NYC Mothership, Broadway, often to get my fix, also to local regional theater and high school productions for a quick hit. Same with my love for politics, a rally here or there, Democrats, Republicans and new movements (Tea Party!) that feeds my love for the American political process.
Sometimes my worlds even collide!
Margaret Matray of the Viginian-Pilot gives a nice overview of the whole event, but I think she missed the passion I felt. If I may Ms Matray….
~ The Host audience of 799 were RegentU students and supporters of Pat Robertson, plus me. Dr. Robertson’s seat was only 4 from mine and he gave the same courteous responses to the Obama guys’ statements as I did. Plouffe and Axelrod played a tough crowd and won them over. Not necessarily in agreement, but their “civil tones”. Guess that’s how they earn the Biggie Buck$ on the speaking circuit, but they earned combat pay on this gig 🙂
~Dana Perino should be on the top of the list to moderate 2016 Presidential Debates, especially for the Final Two. She was sweet, respectful and oh so funny, especially when she let the OT food fights keep going. I loved her snarky about the day she left the Bush White House and thinking she’ll never have a job harder than that, until she started working with Bob Beckel (The Five on Fox).
~Jay Sekulow knocked my socks off. He’s a constitutional lawyer who happens to argue SCOTUS cases and I could tell, despite my never having heard of him, why he wins most of them. Guess I don’t watch enough Fox News to have missed him as a “contributer”. As both sides of this Clash debate knocked the Supremes pretty hard. He set the record straight, it’s not the Supreme Court, it’s the fools who disagree with their judgements, and the “elections have consequences” is the real rule of the land. BAZINGA ! <—sorry, couldn't help that, but it's what I thought.
~Newtie, buy his books/snork. The US is not doomed, low informed voters are. Stop beating ourselves up, yada, yada, yada. He even picked on his debate partner's, Sekulow, claims the SCOTUS Rulez, Newt: No they don't, weakest link in the Constitution, Voters, Strongest link.
~Plouffe/Axelrod,drove an important point home, but I stopped paying attention to Team Obama long after I resigned from Team Edwards (before he fell from zippergrace) and was thrown off TeamKosDU for not supporting Obama unconditionally in 2008. Don’t get me started on why I never joined Team Hillary, she crapped out before I had a Dem backup choice 😦 Ok, I digress, they won. Team Obama WON. It was ugly to hear, but they were right. The Davids slew the Goliath Audience yesterday, and we were nodding. Kudos to our American Political Process, right?
Filed under Just a Blogger, Patriotic Videos, Shiny Objects
It’s illegal, but what the hell, the feds are throwing the elderly out their homes, blocking war veterans from visiting their memorials, but let’s turn the city over to the Beavis and Buttheads ! Awesome! Why not open the Smithsonian museums during inclement weather? Bet the kids would love to do what they do down a dinosauer’s back? Yeah!
You can read the Wall Street Journal story and see the slide show here.
But wait, there is this:
If caught by the police, skaters could have their boards impounded and be given a ticket for a $50 fine. Frustrated officers have chased the skaters on motorcycles, ambushed them by arriving en masse from different directions, tackled and handcuffed them.
Good luck with that. The damage done to the lovely and historic stone work, safety railings, fountains and other landscaping features will be paid by We The People.
Comments Off on Federal Shutdown Creates Skateboarders’ Paradise
Filed under Just a Blogger, tossed salad and scrambled eggs
I think Miley Cyrus is a lot smarter (maybe playing dumb like a fox?) than we’ll admit to, or as one tabloid asked: Is Miley really a younger, cuter Andy Kaufman? You decide:
I do remember enjoying “Hannah Montana” with my then 5-something twin granddaughters during this truly adorable Miley phase, which certainly set her apart from the rest of the Princes and Princesses in the Disney Stable:
While looking for that clip I couldn’t believe all the old Hannah Montana shows on YouTube, go look ! Smart as a whip that girl was, yessireee. We’ll see. The real test will be if she avoids the meltdowns (twerking doesn’t count) that affected the Lindsays, Britneys and Amandas. I’m rooting for Miley, it’s up to you Billy Ray and Tish.
Comments Off on The World (sorta) According to Miley
Filed under Hollyweird, Just a Blogger, Shiny Objects, tossed salad and scrambled eggs
Note to NSA: Yes, it’s satire. Though, these days there’s such a fine line.
Filed under Just a Blogger, Political Snark
I have nothing but the utmost respect for McCain and his history, but I’m starting to believe the right and left *snickers* over the past decades that our Senate is where old white guys go to die. These seats shouldn’t be Pope-like For Life. We have the same problem in the House too. Probably on your City Council and HOA Board too ? I digress….
Johnny Mac was a pilot, it’s the elitest of the elite in the military. My husband was too in Vietnam til he saw the death and POW tolls, so he said F**k this Sh*t and served his second tour as a grunt. His reward for surviving that tour, being a CACO/Recruiter for Southern Calfornia in the early-mid 70’s. But hey, he was a New England surfer dude and grabbed that spot. It was Annette and Frankie on the beach, til….we grew up.
I remember, as a young mom by then, “Frankie” being awoken in the middle of the night to notify families in his area, that their son was NOT on the list of the POW’s being released the next day. Nixon wouldn’t release the list until every MIA was accounted for and families notified. While we celebrated the lucky guys, we were also comforting the those who weren’t, with their families. Craptastic media never covered these stories either in the post-war Vietnam era.
I hate that our nation’s kids and government’s .edu’s are forgetting history. What triggered this rant ? My (composite relative), who’s a freshman in college now, was bragging on FB about her professor assigning a “stupid” where were you on 9-11 essay. “how the f**k should I know, I was in first grade”. Really? Pearl Harbor happened 5 years before I was even born, and I respect that date. So sad for these kids.
Filed under Heroes and Hypocrites, Just a Blogger
My friend Keith Koffler’s blog rounded up the Top Two Dozen Obama Phony Scandals and they are dirtier than the bottom of the Sarah Palin dumpster corporate media has been diving in since 2008. When I read Keith’s list, I retired the tinfoil, sold all my stock in Alcoa and decided to spend the rest of my political activist days just being crabby. To wit:
1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.
2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one:
◾The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.
◾The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video
◾The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack
3. Watching the AP: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters’ phone records as part of a leak investigation.
4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme: Allowed weapons from the U.S. to “walk” across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.
8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for ObamaCare.
9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn’t face discrimination.
10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.
11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando. An assistant secretary was fired.
12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made “extemporaneous partisan remarks” during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina.
13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the Obama administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.
14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name “Richard Windsor” when corresponding by email with other government officials, drawing charges she was trying to evade scrutiny.
15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who appeared to be menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.
16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution and both the letter and the spirit of the War Powers Resolution by attacking Libya without Congressional approval.
17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden’s office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.
18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then-White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD Message and Media, to promote passage of Obamacare. Some questioned whether the firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2 million AKPD owed him.
19. Sestak, we’ll take care of you: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).
20. I’ll pass my own laws: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the “Dream Act.”
21. The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer: It’s not clear who hacked the CBS reporter’s computer as she investigated the Benghazi scandal, but the Obama administration and its allies had both the motive and the means to do it.
22. An American Political Prisoner: The sudden decision to arrest Nakoula Basseley Nakoula on unrelated charges after protests in the Arab world over his anti-Muslim video is an extraordinarily suspicious coincidence. “We’re going to go out and we’re going to prosecute the person that made that video,” Hillary Clinton allegedly told the father of one of the ex-SEALs killed in Banghazi.
23. Get rid of inconvenient IGs: Corporation for National and Community Service Inspector General Gerald Walpin was fired in 2009 as he fought wasteful spending and investigated a friend of Obama’s, Sacramento Mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson. The White House says Walpin was incompetent.
24. Influence peddling: An investigation is underway of Alejandro Mayorkas, director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, who has been nominated by Obama for the number two post at the Department of Homeland Security. Mayorkas may have used his position to unfairly obtain U.S. visas for foreign investors in company run by Hillary Clinton’s brother, Anthony Rodman.
So, maybe wearing a crab hat isn’t as raaaaacist as wearing tinfoil ? I may be onto something, something good, I don’t know……
Filed under Just a Blogger, Mama Grizzlies, Obama List
Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice were prophetic with their lyrics in the early 70’s, here’s proof. This tune always dances in my head whenever I see modern media chase squirrels instead of “phony scandals“. Then Keith Koffler comes along and gives me back some hope 🙂 Will we heed the warnings ? They are there. Enjoy the video……
Comments Off on Dear Media, What’s the Buzz, Tell Me What’s Happening ?
Filed under Feeling Groovy, Just a Blogger